If you are having trouble installing a plugin, you can upload it manually using FTP software by following the instructions below.
If you’ve already installed the plugin inside WordPress there is no need to do this.
- Extract the plugin zip file, you will end up with a single folder containing all of the plugin files
- Inside your FTP software, connect to your server and browse to the wp-content/plugins/ directory
- Upload the folder you just extracted into this directory
- Inside WordPress go to Plugins → Installed Plugins
- In the list of plugins find the plugin you just uploaded and hover over it then click Activate