Conditional Radio Button Options in JQUERY

Home Forums Quform WordPress Conditional Radio Button Options in JQUERY

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    katw
    Participant

Hi Ally,

I want to dynamically generate a radio button group.

The options within the generated group will be dictated by a previous answer given by the user through a parent radio group.

This is a JQUERY/Javascript project as the form isn’t submitted so Hooks are out.

Looking at the structure of your code for div.quform-input-radio and the .quform-options I see an auto-generated form element ID (id="quform_2_81_18a0cd_1").

Is this a magic value/id? OR can I use any unique ID when I auto-build the radio input group options?

Code for one radio option:

<div class="quform-option">
        <input type="radio" name="quform_2_81" <strong>id="quform_2_81_18a0cd_1"</strong> class="quform-field quform-field-radio quform-field-2_81 quform-field-2_81_1" value="DBVALUE">
            <label for="quform_2_81_18a0cd_1" class="quform-option-label quform-option-label-2_81_1"><span class="quform-option-icon-selected"><i class="fa fa-desktop"></i></span><span class="quform-option-text">USERLABEL</span> 
            </label>
    </div>

The above block will be auto-built as some radio button groups have more/less options which means I can’t just change field label or value.

Thanks for advice.

katw
    Participant

Hi Ally,

Just following up to see if you have had a chance to read above.

I don’t need you to write anything (my job); what I do need is confirmation on your algorithm for generating radio button option IDENTIFIERS.

If I create my own unique identifier and keep your prefix “quform_2_81_” and trailing suffix “_#” will everything BIND okay?

So my thinking is:

I populate the “######” part of the <input id="quform_2_81_######_1" ....> with my own 6 character unique alphanumeric code for EACH auto-generated RADIO GROUP/SET. And I should be okay.

Yes?

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

katw
    Participant

Thanks for confirming. Close ticket

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy