Form with upload returning AJAX Error

Home Forums Quform WordPress Form with upload returning AJAX Error

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    mbusheycfrpc
    Participant

Hello, I cannot get our form to work and submit without an AJAX error. I checked the console log after I received the error:

• Failed to load resource: the server responded with a status of 500 (Internal Server Error)
    • Uncaught (in promise) Error: A listener indicated an asynchronous response by returning true, but the message channel closed before a response was received

We are using iPage for our host:

Platform Type Debian
    MySQL Version 5.6.32
    Perl Version 5.8.8
    PHP Version 7.4.10

I believe it is something with our server.

I have also tested this on a different website running a completely different theme on the same server and it had the same issue. (previous purchased and running license, I never used the upload on this website but I have on a different web server which does work)

I upped the PHP settings for upload size but noting happened.

; Maximum allowed size for uploaded files.
    upload_max_filesize = 100M

; Maximum number of files that can be uploaded via a single request
    max_file_uploads = 20

; Maximum size of POST data that PHP will accept.
    post_max_size = 256M

Page to test: https://heartlandregionaltpo.org/testing-forms/
    Password: Ou812!!

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

mbusheycfrpc
    Participant

I found this:

[15-Feb-2024 15:59:50 UTC] PHP Fatal error: Uncaught Error: Call to undefined function PHPMailer\PHPMailer\ctype_alnum() in /hermes/bosnacweb06/bosnacweb06af/b2869/ipg.cfrpcorg/heartlandrides/wp-includes/PHPMailer/PHPMailer.php:1849
    Stack trace:
    #0 /hermes/bosnacweb06/bosnacweb06af/b2869/ipg.cfrpcorg/heartlandrides/wp-includes/PHPMailer/PHPMailer.php(1938): PHPMailer\PHPMailer\PHPMailer::isShellSafe(‘wwwuser@cgi.you…’)
    #1 /hermes/bosnacweb06/bosnacweb06af/b2869/ipg.cfrpcorg/heartlandrides/wp-includes/PHPMailer/PHPMailer.php(1682): PHPMailer\PHPMailer\PHPMailer->mailSend(‘Date: Thu, 15 F…’, ‘<!DOCTYPE html …’)
    #2 /hermes/bosnacweb06/bosnacweb06af/b2869/ipg.cfrpcorg/heartlandrides/wp-includes/PHPMailer/PHPMailer.php(1518): PHPMailer\PHPMailer\PHPMailer->postSend()
    #3 /hermes/bosnacweb06/bosnacweb06af/b2869/ipg.cfrpcorg/heartlandrides/wp-includes/pluggable.php(546): PHPMailer\PHPMailer\PHPMailer->send()
    #4 /hermes/bosnacweb06/bosnacweb06af/b2869/ipg.cfrpcorg/heartlandrides/wp-content/plugins/quform/library/Quform/Notification.php(51): wp_mail(Array, in /hermes/bosnacweb06/bosnacweb06af/b2869/ipg.cfrpcorg/heartlandrides/wp-includes/PHPMailer/PHPMailer.php on line 1849

mbusheycfrpc
    Participant

I found out that my host, iPage, did not have the ctype extension installed. The mail function is working now.

I have tested the form and it is not submitting all the attachments. I was able to send the first and last attachments. I have attached an image for reference. The settings for the maximum number of files for the single field is set to 5.

I got this error:

[15-Feb-2024 17:26:22 UTC] PHP Warning: rename(/tmp/quform/uploads/quformykN57r,/hermes/bosnacweb06/bosnacweb06af/b2869/ipg.cfrpcorg/heartlandregionaltpo/wp-content/uploads/quform/1/2024/02/15/Brownfields.jpg): No such file or directory in /hermes/bosnacweb06/bosnacweb06af/b2869/ipg.cfrpcorg/heartlandregionaltpo/wp-content/plugins/quform/library/Quform/Uploader.php on line 372

I need to be able to upload pdf and excel files here. I used the “Allowed file extensions” field, but I’m not sure if that is working. Here is my input: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, pdf, xlsx, xls, doc, docx

Also does the form have the possibility to create a new and unique folder for each time the form is submitted? I only see the date function and a hard folder number.

Attachments:
    You must be logged in to view attached files.
    Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

mbusheycfrpc
    Participant

Hi

The definition for the temp directory statement was there before.

As for my space, it is unlimited. I am checking with the host to see if they can speed things up and make sure the disk is not full. Host says I have unlimited disk space and bandwidth.

Available Disk Space: Unlimited MB

You are using 41620.53 MB for your Web site
    You are using 807.10 MB for your logs

I created the plugin to handle the folders for the images.

Ally
    Support Staff

mbusheycfrpc
    Participant

That has appeared to have fixed the issue. Is there something I can do to restore this part to the website? What would be the cause of that functionality stopping the upload process?

Thank you so much!

Matt

Ally
    Support Staff

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy