Multiple text areas with word count

Home Forums Quform WordPress Multiple text areas with word count

This topic is: resolved
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    metaphase
    Participant

Looking for some help to adjust the code found on this link, to allow multiple text areas in the same form to all have word count validation (and preventing the user typing over that limit in the field).

Word counter

Thanks a lot

metaphase
    Participant

(and not all the same word limits)

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

metaphase
    Participant

Thanks, although I cant get this working. I am guessing I also need to do something thats in my other code snippet, currently:

add_filter(‘quform_element_valid_1_5’, function ($valid, $value, Quform_Element_Field $element) {
    $max = 300;
    $count = preg_match_all(‘/\S+/’, $value);

if ($count > $max) {
    $element->addError(“Please enter no more than $max words”);
    $valid = false;
    }

return $valid;
    }, 10, 3);

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

metaphase
    Participant

Sorry was my mistake, cos I added more fields than the 2 you gave I didnt add commas after the new ones.

All seems to work perfectly thanks.

metaphase
    Participant

Unrelated quick question though, is why do dropdown fields appear bold, including their label. They stick out from other fields, is that by design?

Thanks

Ally
    Support Staff

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy