SMTP Gmail and sending email issues

Home Forums Quform PHP SMTP Gmail and sending email issues

This topic is: not resolved
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    glevan
    Participant

Hello

Yesterday I purchased the quoform script.
    I followed all the steps for installation.
    I can send the message only if I configure the procces file in the normal mode (non SMTP)
    But if I configure the process.php file to send in the SMTP mode, I get the error message:

There was a problem

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'phpmailerException' with message 'SMTP Error: Could not authenticate.' in /home/layoutex/public_html/teste/quform/lib/class.phpmailer.php:925
    Stack trace:
    #0 /home/layoutex/public_html/teste/quform/lib/class.phpmailer.php(815): PHPMailer->SmtpConnect()
    #1 /home/layoutex/public_html/teste/quform/lib/class.phpmailer.php(678): PHPMailer->SmtpSend('Date: Fri, 1 Fe...', '--b1_de6ce842ff...')
    #2 /home/layoutex/public_html/teste/quform/lib/class.phpmailer.php(606): PHPMailer->PostSend()
    #3 /home/layoutex/public_html/teste/quform/process.php(398): PHPMailer->Send()
    #4 /home/layoutex/public_html/teste/quform/process.php(455): process()
    #5 {main}
    thrown in /home/layoutex/public_html/teste/quform/lib/class.phpmailer.php on line 925

I did the tests with both my gmail account and my domain’s email account. In both case the error is the same.

Another problem is that when sending in normal mode, the email arrives duplicated.

Thanks

Gil

glevan
    Participant

Hi

I managed to make the form work in smtp mode.
    Apparently Gmail was blocking the access, I configured the Gmail account to accept the script connection.

The only issue I still have is that when I send a message through the form, I get the same message twice in my mailbox.

Thanks

Gil

Ally
    Support Staff

You don't have permission to view this content. Please log in or register and then verify your purchases to gain access.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Be inspired. © 2024 ThemeCatcher Ltd. 20-22 Wenlock Road, London, England, N1 7GU | Company No. 08120384 | Built with React | Privacy Policy